Cookware with a removable handle is an innovative concept that has gained popularity in recent years. You can purchase individual pans with a detachable handle or even cookware sets with just one handle that can be attached to any size pan. Locking the handle into place is pretty simple and often can be done with a single press of the button. Here are just a few reasons why it could be super convenient to have cookware with a detachable handle.
1. Takes less space for storage: The removable handle makes storage easy, especially if you have a tiny kitchen. Pans with removable handle is a great solution for small-size shelves where long fixed handles interfere with other handles and cookware pieces. You can easily nest round shape pots and pans together, making your kitchen cabinet more organized.
Cookware with a detachable handle is very convenient to carry if you are going camping. It is easy to put a pan in your backpack without a clunky fixed handle.
2. Versatility: A removable handle allows for more versatility and functionality of your cookware. You can cook, bake, serve, and store your meal in one single cookware piece. By detaching the handle, it is easy to transfer the pan into a storage dish. Just put the silicone lid on the pan and store leftovers in your refrigerator.
With the handle off, you can use a pan for serving purposes and take it from stove to table, the fridge, and back to stove! When your cookware is versatile, you need fewer cooking items for diverse cooking tasks.
3: Oven/grill safe: An insulated handle keeps your hands and fingers safe while you are cooking. Most detachable handles are meant to be on when you are cooking on a conventional stovetop. By removing the handle, the pan can withstand higher heat, so you can throw it in the oven to finish your meal and reattach the handle when you need to get the pan out. You can also take the handle off when cooking on a grill or camp stove.
4. Ease of cleaning: Long handles take up a lot of space and interfere with other items in the dishwasher. The removable handle concept makes cleaning much easier. It is easy to set a pan in the dishwasher or put it in the sink without a handle.
Best Pans with Detachable Handle
This post contains links to Amazon. The publisher may get paid if You purchase something through the links without additional costs to You.
1. 10-inch Induction Nonstick Grill Pan by COOKER KING
This multi-functional pan has a square shape to maximize the cooking area, while its large capacity makes it suitable for cooking family meals. The silicone removable handle stays cool while you are cooking on the stove and makes it easy to take the pan out of the oven.
It comes with an induction disk to accommodate induction, electric, halogen, gas, and ceramic cooktops and is also oven-safe up to 480°F (with the handle removed). Make sure to use oven gloves when locking the handle in place to take the pan out of a hot oven.
The thickened flat base with an aluminum core provides rapid and even heat distribution. The ribbed bottom leaves nice grill marks on steaks and veggies while allowing extra fats and liquids to drain.
Hand washing is recommended and make sure to dry it well before storage. Use non-metal utensils to protect the non-stick coating from damage.
2. Designer Series Non-Stick Cast Aluminum Crepe Pan with Detachable Handle by MasterPan
This is well built, heavy, and sleek cast aluminum pan. The low rim makes it perfect for pancakes, crepes, eggs, quesadillas, Indian Dosa, and much more.
It is built for use on all heat sources but is especially convenient for induction stovetops. The induction area covers the entire bottom, allowing for full contact with the induction element and great heat distribution. It is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 minutes.
The end of the wood-like handle has to be unscrewed in order to remove the handle. Here is the short YouTube video by MASTERPAN with instructions on how to remove the handle.
The durable double-layered non-stick coating ensures that crepes don’t stick even when you are using very little grease.
Although it is claimed to be dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended as harsh dishwasher detergents may shorten the life of any non-stick surface. It is very easy to wash by hand under hot water.
3. Nonstick Grilling 12″ Skillet with Removable Handle
This grilling pan with a perforated surface is great for outdoor cooking. It is made of aluminum and the inner surface is coated with a non-stick layer.
Chef-mate pan is suitable for grilling meat, vegetables, seafood, and small foods that could fall through the grates. The perforated cooking surface allows air to circulate and enhances the flavor of grilled foods.
The heat-resistant rubber handle can be removed after putting the pan on the grill and attached again to transport the pan from the grill to the table. Make sure to use heat-resistant gloves for this task. The handle also makes storage easier.
Hand washing and using non-metal cooking utensils are recommended
4. Non-Stick Frying Pan 11 inch with Detachable Snap-on Handle by AIGLEFEU
This versatile frying pan is convenient for cooking a variety of foods on high heat and for creating a nice crispy crust. It works on all hob types and is oven-safe up to 440℉ without the handle.
The two biggest advantages of this pan ate the sturdy, removable handle and extraordinary non-stick performance.
The iron handle is wrapped in silicone to stay cool to the touch and to provide a secure grip.
The non-stick feature of this pan performs really well. and food easily slides off. The non-stick coating is made of Whitford Quantanium and reinforced with titanium and ceramic powder. Titanium particles improve resistance to scratching and the non-stick feature.
It is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. Cleaning is a breeze. You really can’t go wrong with this brand.