Why is Cookware Infused with Diamonds?
- Durability: Diamond is the hardest material known to man. Incorporating diamond crystals into the interior coating of the cookware enhances the durability of the cooking surface, providing additional strength and longevity to cookware items. The diamond-infused coating is more wear-resistant than conventional non-stick coatings and will not chip or crack as long as you follow directions for the proper use and care.
- Great heat conductor: As an extraordinary heat conductor, diamond speeds heat transfer across the cooking surface, getting the pan to the desired temperature quickly. This means you can use a lower heat setting than you would with less heat-conductive cookware, helping you lower high energy bills.
- Naturally non-stick: Diamonds have natural non-stick properties. Introducing diamond particles to the coating increases the non-stick capability of the cooking surface, making such cookware suitable for no oil cooking.
- Easy to clean: The non-stick property of diamond-reinforced coatings makes cleanup easier.
Diamond Infused Cookware Brands
This post contains links to Amazon. The publisher may get paid if You purchase something through the links without additional costs to You.
1. Swiss Diamond Cookware
Swiss Diamond cookware is manufactured in Switzerland using environmentally friendly production technology.
The coating is reinforced with up to 200,000 real diamond crystals, which gives the cookware extraordinary durability, excellent heat conduction, and long-lasting non-stick properties. The diamond-reinforced coating prevents food from sticking and makes cooking without oil easy.
The construction is made of pressure-cast aluminum sturdy enough to prevent warping. Its great heat conduction also ensures that there are no hot spots and provides an even cooking surface to perfectly prepare foods.
Each cookware piece has a flat bottom for use on any gas or electric stove, including ceramic cooktops. There is also a special collection of induction-compatible Swiss Diamond cookware.
To make their cookware induction compatible, the company uses a unique thermal process to infuse magnetic steel with the aluminum body. This method guarantees that the magnetic steel layer will stay inseparable from the cookware body after repeated use. The absence of air gaps ensures that the cookware won’t create buzzing sounds when heated.
The stainless-steel handles are ergonomically designed and oven safe up to 500°F, letting you start a dish on the stove and finish it in the oven. The handle also remains cool when the pan is on the stove, so you can maneuver the pan during cooking.
The lids are made from tempered glass which is stronger and more resistant to high temperatures than normal glass. The lids also can go into ovens up to 500°F.
Use and Care
- Swiss Diamond cookware should be used at low to medium heat. You really don’t need high heat when using diamond-coated cookware. Cooking at high heat will darken the interior surface and may chip and peel the non-stick coating. The damage is irreversible, and you will probably have to purchase new cookware as the warranty doesn’t cover damage due to overheating.
- Never preheat an empty pan for more than a few minutes as this will damage the non-stick coating.
- Avoid using cooking sprays with this cookware.
- Cleaning: To keep the non-stick surface functional, the cookware should be cleaned after each use. The manufacturer recommends hand-washing with a dish brush and hot, soapy water. Abrasive and caustic cleaners should be avoided, as they can scratch or dry out the non-stick coating. A dark build-up caused by food residue can be removed using a solution of baking soda and water.
If treated properly, the surface will remain non-stick for fairly long. It can withstand metal utensils and abrasive cleaning tools better than competitors’ products. However, the non-stick coating will degrade over time, usually after five years of regular use. After that, the non-stick coating may lose its effectiveness and turn the pan sticky.
Related product: Swiss Diamond Nonstick Fry Pan
2. Woll Diamond Cookware
This cookware brand is handmade in Germany. The topcoat is infused with diamond crystals to create a durable, scratch-resistant cooking surface and to provide long-lasting non-stick performance.
The aluminum base ensures fast and even heat distribution, making the pans energy efficient and ideal for creating tasty browning. In addition to the aluminum core, the diamond coating makes Woll Diamond Cookware exceptionally heat conductive.
Firmly affixed handles don’t heat up, making using the pan safer. The handles also don’t have exposed rivets to ease cleaning.
The Diamond Plus line has detachable handles, so you can easily remove the handle before placing the pan in an oven. This is a plus since there might not be enough space in the oven for an extra-long handle. This feature also means the pan requires less storage place when not in use.
The perfectly flat base makes it suitable for all cooking surfaces, including glass cooktops. Woll Diamond Cookware even has a specific induction-friendly line—Woll Plus Induction. This line is highly energy-efficient, warms up quickly, and delivers exceptional performance on induction hobs.
According to the manufacturer, the cookware is resistant to metal utensils, dishwasher safe, and oven safe up to 500°F. Although the cookware is dishwasher safe, hand washing is simple and can be done with a little detergent and hot water.
How does the non-stick surface perform?
Although durable, Woll Diamond Cookware can show some scratches over time. The non-stick surface is effective for two or three years of regular use before the food starts to stick to the surface. The warranty doesn’t apply to the effectiveness of the non-stick surface.
3. Blue Diamond Cookware
Blue Diamond Blue is another brand of diamond-reinforced cookware that has entered the market in recent years. The diamond-enhanced ceramic non-stick coating is designed for effortless food release. The solid forged base ensures that the bottom will remain flat to provide even, consistent cooking.
The manufacturer claims that Blue Diamond’s signature diamond-infused non-stick coating is 5x harder, 10x longer-lasting, and 4x more heat conduct than the competition.
Blue Diamond Cookware is suitable for all cooktops, with the exception of induction cooktops.
- The pans have an attractive design.
- They are easy to hand wash with soap and water.
- The pans heat quickly and evenly.
- The metal handles make these pans oven and broiler safe up to 850°F. However, the uninsulated metal handle heats up during cooking, so the handle may become uncomfortably hot and even cause a burn when the pan is in use. Make sure to use potholders or a silicone sleeve when you lift or hold a hot pan.
- The lids are not vented.
- The non-stick capability wears off over time.
- The non-stick cookware is prone to scratching, especially if you use metal utensils. To avoid damaging the coating, use non-metal utensils. Silicone, nylon, or bamboo utensils are good options.
- Cooking at high heat is unnecessary and damaging to the pan.
Does Diamond Cookware Work as Advertised?
Swiss Diamond Cookware and Wool Diamond Cookware are more scratch resistant and have longer-lasting non-stick functionality than ordinary and more affordable non-stick pans. Both brands are ergonomically designed, nicely weighted, and look attractive in your kitchen. The pans have a sturdy feel and remain perfectly flat, without any signs of warping.
Unfortunately, they are not miracle pans that will serve you for decades. The non-stick property will wear out over time, depending on the frequency of use and how you maintain your cookware.
Blue Diamond Cookware is more affordable and, in most cases, has a shorter lifespan than its more expensive competitors. The pans have lower resistance to abrasion and less food-release capability. Another downside is the non-insulated handles that may cause burns without heat-protection tools.
Still, diamond-coated cookware has extraordinary cooking performance. You can cook almost anything in these pans and end up with tasty and nicely textured food.
Due to its exceptional heat conductivity, diamond cookware is more energy-efficient than most other non-stick cookware.
Although some manufacturers claim that their diamond reinforced cookware is dishwasher safe, washing by hand is extremely simple and will prolong the effectiveness of the non-stick coating.
Using diamond-coated cookware on high heat can damage the non-stick coating, but unlike some other coatings, there are no hazardous toxic fumes released.
Disclaimer: All content on this blog is created for informational purposes only. You shouldn’t use it as a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.