If you are trying to be more earth-friendly and reduce the use of disposable plastic in your everyday life, silicone stretch lids are products you should consider. These reusable food covers can easily replace plastic wrap and are a great alternative for environmentally conscious individuals
Stop throwing away food storage containers that don’t have matching lids. Using reusable silicone food covers is much more economical than repeatedly buying plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or replacing expensive storage containers. These lids save you even more money by prolonging the freshness of your food, eliminating food waste.
The lids are made from food-grade silicone. They are sturdy and flexible, allowing you to tightly cover a variety of plates, pots, bowls, coffee mugs, juice bottles, glass jars, and pet food cans. They are stretchable and compatible with a variety of different materials, including plastic, glass, metal, and ceramic.
Not only can these lids save you money they help you keep an organized kitchen and save you time by eliminating the constant searching for missing lids.
The Benefits of Silicone Stretchable Lids
- Permanently replace your existing food containers’ missing lids: These stretchy lids can cover your bowls, plates, or partially cut fruits and vegetables. They are a great substitute for lost or broken lids, such as original plastic lids for Pyrex bowls. They are pliable and work for almost anything that doesn’t have a cover. They stretch easily to accommodate a wide range of containers and bowls like mugs, glasses, opened dog food, and soda cans.
- Keep food and beverages fresh: When a lid fits well, the airtight seal does a good job of keeping food fresher for longer periods of time. They also make it easier to retain the freshness of the cut side of some fruits.
- Convenient leftover storage: You can use these silicone lids to store leftovers without having to transfer them to other food storage containers. All you need to do is stretch the lid to turn a serving plate into Tupperware and use the same plate to store and reheat leftovers, cutting down on dirty dishes.
- Come in a variety of sizes: Silicone lid covers come in a range of different sizes. They stretch from one to three inches, so each lid will fit on different-sized containers, providing a secure cover for most of your bowls and containers.
- Highly versatile: Silicone storage covers are stretchy, adhering well to any surface. You can fit any one of these stretchable lids over almost any round or rectangular container. There are also available for sale in both round and rectangular shapes.
- Provide a vacuum seal: Silicone stretch covers provide a leak-proof seal when fitted properly. They are easy to stretch over a container, once you master the technique. Not only are they leak-proof, but they’re also odor-proof!
- Durable: Unlike reusable plastic lids that can warp and crack with use, silicone stretching lids last a long time. They are strong enough to withhold the weight of other containers stacked atop of them.
- Make it easy to transport food: They are perfect for on-the-go use. Stretch a lid over the container and toss it in your lunch bag. The lid keeps your food and aroma locked in.
- Easy to store: They are thin, foldable, easy to store in a drawer, and can also be rolled up to take up less space in your kitchen drawer or cupboard.
- Eco-friendly: Since silicone stretchable lids are washable and reusable, you no longer need to use disposable plastic wrap or discard containers with missing lids.
- Transparent: Most of the silicone stretch lids are clear or translucent, allowing you to see what’s inside.
- Freezer, microwave, and oven safe: Silicone stretching lids are resistant to both heat and cold and can handle temperatures from -20F up to 450F. They can be used in the freezer, fridge, or microwave. Make sure the lid is not sealed tightly prior to placing the container in the microwave or oven because the pressure that builds up from the heat may cause damage or injury.
- Silicone storage covers will not adhere to wet surfaces. If you take a bowl out of the refrigerator, the condensation will make the lid slippery. You need to dry the bowl and fit the lid again.
- The lids stick together when stored. You have to pull them apart to take the one you want.
- Silicone stretch covers are not suitable for use on any stovetop.
- Before applying the lid, make sure that the container is clean and dry.
- To get a secure, leak-proof cover, the lid must be appropriately sized. It is best to use a lid that is a little smaller size than the container you want to be covered but if it is too small and stretched too much, it may slip off later.
- Lids with tabs on the sides are easier to handle, as you can pull the tabs to create a perfect seal.
Are Silicone Stretch Lids Worth Buying
Silicone stretchable lids are not perfect, but they do help to resolve the problem with the lids that constantly seem to go missing and they provide a better seal than saran wrap or foil. Reusable lids are also a great way to be more environmentally friendly and do your part to minimize plastic waste.
This post contains links to Amazon. The publisher may get paid if You purchase something through the links without additional costs to You.
Related product: Unwasted Reusable Silicone Lids